S.D. Brown Independent Funeral Directors
S.D. Brown have a newly refurbished funeral home located in the centre of Lisburn at 4 Sackville Street, just off Wallace Avenue.
The purposely renovated facility houses private offices, a sitting room, The Dawson and Lynn rest and viewing rooms, a multi denominational church seating up to 50 persons, garages, toilet facilities and limited car parking.
(Everything you need to hold a private, dignified funeral is here for you.)
The helpful, knowledgeable staff are delighted to show you and your family around the funeral home and answer any questions you might wish to ask.
*Death In Northern Ireland*
In Northern Ireland over half the deaths that occurred in 2016 were in hospitals, almost one third were at home, and the remaining twenty percent at nursing homes. Each situation will require you to act- please see S.D. Brown Funeral Directors website for more information on how to deal with different situations. http://lisburnfunerals.com/when-someone-dies
*Planning a funeral*
For many people planning their funeral has become increasingly popular as they get to choose the type of funeral they would like instead of leaving it to others to decide. A lot of people have experienced bereavement themselves and they do not want the people closest to them to go through the strain of making funeral arrangements. At S. D. Brown Funeral Directors Ltd there are two options from which you can choose:
Option 1. Pre-arranged – A pre-arranged funeral is when you detail your wishes for your funeral. These arrangements are recorded and will be kept on file. You and a person appointed by you, will receive copies of these details and these will be followed by ourselves when the time comes. No payment is required by you, as it will be made in the future once the funeral is over, either by the family, or from the deceased’s estate, in the traditional way.
Option 2. Pre-paid – With S. D. Brown Funeral Directors you can choose to plan your funeral and pay for it now at today’s price. The plan provides peace of mind, knowing that you have removed a future financial burden from your family, and you will have the funeral of your choice. Quite simply the plan removes the uncertainty of inflation on the majority of funeral costs involved. This service is offerred on behalf of Ecclesiastical Planning Services. The funeral plan funds are held in guaranteed whole of life assurance policies with a life assurance company that is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the PRA and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
If you would like to find out more about these services please e.mail: email@example.com providing your name/contact details, and simply stating Funeral Plan Information pack or phone David on 028 92 677722.
Please see a list of services that S.D. Brown Funeral Directors will offer in your time of need;
- S.D. Browns staff will meet with you and the closest family members to agree and formalize your requirements insuring the funeral is carried out to your wishes.
- They will liaise with the church, cemetery, or crematorium and organise all details: service time, place, opening of grave, and attend to any special requirements you might have.
- They will collect the deceased from the place of death, and prepare as requested.
- Facilities to view the deceased if required.
- They will purchase the grave if required.
- They will provide the funeral casket/urn.
- They will provide all necessary vehicles.
- They will attend to all the administrative requirements concerning the burial/cremation, place all notices in the newspapers.
- They shall advise on, design and produce the Order of Service per instruction.
- They shall arrange floral tributes.
- They shall accept and administer charitable donations in lieu of flowers.
- They shall design and construct a memorial to your requirements.
- They will add lettering to existing stonework
- They will carry out complete restoration of existing headstones
- They will provide repatriation service when needed.
- They shall provide advise at all stages of the procedure and ensure all legal requirements are adhered to.
- They will provide a grave maintenance service.
If you require some support when dealing with the loss of a loved one S.D. Brown's staff will point you in the right direction.
Grief Share- www.griefshare.com
Grief Journey- (W) www.griefjourney.com
Mind- (W) www.mind.org.uk
Crossroads- (T) 028 9089 6190
Citizens Advice Bureau- (T) 028 9266 2251