Call for Northern Ireland's most responsible companies to step forward
BUSINESS in the Community is urging responsible businesses across Northern Ireland to enter the 2019 Responsible Business Awards in Northern Ireland.
Applications can be made online at www.bitcni.org.uk/awards up util the deadline of 5pm on Friday February 22, and the winners will be revealed at a glittering gala dinner at Belfast Waterfront Hall on Thursday May 30.
The annual awards, which are run by Business in the Community, and in partnership with JP Corry, seek to recognise and celebrate firms in the north that are making a difference by taking practical action to address pressing social and environmental issues. They are open to firms here of all sizes and from all sectors.
The 10 categories up for grabs in 2018 are:
• NI Responsible Company of the Year, sponsored by Heron Bros
• Diversity and Inclusion Award
• Education Partner Award, sponsored by Allen & Overy
• Employability and Jobs Award, sponsored by Belfast Harbour
• Environmental Leadership Award, sponsored by Arthur Cox
• Responsible Digital Innovation Award
• One-to-Watch Award, sponsored by Survitec
• Investing in Your Community Award, sponsored by Caterpillar NI
• Wellbeing at Work Award, sponsored by Larne Port
• Responsible Product / Service Award
Business in the Community NI chair Moya Johnston, managing director of Survitec, said: “The Responsible Business Awards are our annual celebration and recognition of responsible businesses, helping to encourage new ways of thinking and inspiring others to take action. Each time a business applies for a Responsible Business Award, it is raising the bar for others.
“The awards are free to enter and I'd encourage every business, no matter how big or small, to have a look at the range of categories and get your entries ready. If organisation is acting as a force for good, we want to hear from you.”
More details on the awards can be found at www.bitc.org.uk/awards