AS SOMEONE who has spent a lifetime voting in Northern Ireland elections the cumulative legacy of exercising my civic responsibility has mostly been disappointment, frustration and occasionally shame that the democratic ideal has once more been reduced to a sectarian headcount.
Northern Ireland news
Books Headlines see all »
- Trina Vargo: Irish attitude of 'what can you give us' has worn thin with US politicians
- David Park: The Good Friday Agreement's promise of healing has almost disappeared
- Hillsborough Festival of Literature and Ideas hosts top writers
- Review: In conversation with Anna Burns at Lyric Theatre, Belfast
- Council asked if it raised cash for Seamus Heaney HomePlace on US visit